What does a Sales Associate do?
As the public face of the company the Sales Associate is responsible for dealing with any and all customer questions about the products and services the company offers. A Sales Associate is expected to be continuously updating their knowledge of the company products, services, and policies.
Complaint handling is a critical part of this position. Turning a frustrated customer into a happy customer, while adhering to company policies, requires a combination of empathy and tact.
Another key responsibility is maintaining the presentation of the sales floor, products, signage, and displays.
At Meta Growth Corp., operating as Meta Cannabis Supply Co., we set the standard for customer experience. Our philosophy is simple: match the products we sell with the specific needs of each customer; offer our products in a clean, contemporary space that invites return visits; and make a positive impact on the communities in which we live and work.
We bring our ideology to life through our people, and we are currently looking for a Sales Associate.
Our ideal candidate will:
Be a team player: contribute to a positive store environment through effective communication, teamwork and partnership with all team members.
Live the culture: be the industry leader in delivering a knowledgeable, genuine, and exceptional customer experience.
Have an eye for detail: make sure the store is inviting, spotless, and well merchandised.
Share your passion: demonstrate values and behaviors consistent with Meta Cannabis Supply Co.
Build the brand: create a welcoming environment for customers and make a positive impact engaging with the communities in which we work.
Be responsible: handle all Point of Sale (POS) transactions ensuring compliance with all store operating procedures and SLGA legislation.
Be an educator: ensure an outstanding customer experience by enhancing the cannabis education of all customers and effectively resolve any customer concerns.
- Greeting customers, responding to questions, improving engagement with merchandise and providing outstanding customer service.
- Operating cash registers, managing financial transactions, and balancing drawers.
- Achieving established goals.
- Directing customers to merchandise within the store.
- Increasing in store sales.
- Superior product knowledge.
- Maintaining an orderly appearance throughout the sales floor.
- Introducing promotions and opportunities to customers.
- Cross-selling products to increase purchase amounts.
- An Associate’s degree or high school diploma.
- Retail sales experience.
- A professional appearance.
- Maintain a positive attitude and focus on customer satisfaction in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to read, write, and perform basic math.
- The ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
– Own transportation
– Operate computerized inventory record keeping and re-ordering systems
– Work with minimal supervision
– Customer service oriented
– Process money, cheque and credit/debit card payment
– Provide advice about merchandise
– Suggestive selling
Type Of Experience
– Specialty shop
– Flowers and plants
Security and Safety
– Criminal record check (abstract)
602 Main St. N.