In time past, Kirikiri Prison in Lagos used to be the most popular prison in Nigeria but today, Kuje prison in Abuja has undoubtably become more popular than Kirikiri.
The reason is not far fetched. This is because the prison has played host and is currently playing host to quite a good number of prominent Nigerian politicians, entrepreneurs, activists, crusaders to mention but a few.
Here is a list of prominent Nigerians that has slept in Kuje prison:
1. Olisa Metuh (National Publicity Secretary of PDP)
2. Abba Moro (Former Minister of Interior)
3. Charles Okah (A one time spokesperson of MEND and alleged mastermind of Independence Day Bomb blast in 2010)
4. Nnamdi KANU (Leader of the Indigenous People of Biagra, IPOB)
5. Raymond Dokpesi (Chairman of DAAR communications)
6. Umaru Fintiri (Former Acting Governor of Adamawa state)
7. Sambo Dasuki (Former National Security Adviser)
8. Olusola Amosun (Immediate past Chief of Air Staff)
9. Femi Fani-Kayode (Former Minister of Aviation)
10. Alex Baden (Former Chief of Defence Staff)
11. Uche Secondus (Deputy National Chairman PDP)
12. Lawal Isah Jafaru (Former Military Governor of Kaduna state)
13. Sule Lamido (Former Governor of Jigawa state)
14. Bala Mohammed ( Former FCT minister)
15. Andrew Yakubu (Former GMD of NNPC)
16. Musiliu Obanikoro (Former Minister of State for Defence)
There are quite a few others. Feel free to add the ones you remember but are not on the list above.