Housekeepers are employed either in a private home or in a commercial environment such as a hotel. Duties will vary according to the employment environment but the basic tasks and skills required to perform the housekeeping job remain the same.
Housekeepers handle light cleaning needed for the upkeep of homes as well as commercial buildings, such as offices, hotels, and hospitals. Typically, they’ll replace bedding, clean rooms, halls, and bathrooms, vacuum, sweep, mop, replace toiletries and make beds.
We are looking to hire a Housekeeper to join our cleaning team. You will be responsible for cleaning rooms and common areas, disposing of trash, changing beds, and notifying maintenance of any issues. You should be able to lift 25 pounds and have an eye for cleanliness.
Job Organization: Manjit Brar
Job Location: Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary/Remuneration: $18.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Languages: English Language
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
Experience: Will train
- Keep facilities and common areas clean and maintained.
- Vacuum, sweep, and mop floors.
- Clean and stock restrooms.
- Clean up spills with appropriate equipment.
- Notify managers of necessary repairs.
- Collect and dispose of trash.
- Assist guests when necessary.
- Keep the linen room stocked.
- Properly clean upholstered furniture.
Housekeeper Skills and Qualifications
Knowledge of and experience in Cleaning and Sanitizing rooms to varying levels to meet requirements, Willingness to Learn new cleaning methods and how to use various pieces of equipment, Ability to Adapt to Different Situations and Change Work Processes to accommodate customer needs, Ability to Take Criticism, Listening Skills to make sure that they are meeting the needs of their clients for cleanliness and sanitation standards, Good Customer Service skills, Reliability, Organizational skills, Integrity and Honesty, High Energy Levels.
- Shop for food and household supplies
- Provide companionship
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Launder clothing and household linens
- Assume full responsibility for household (in absence of householder)
- Administer bedside and personal care
- Feed or assist in feeding
Optional accommodation is available at no charge on a live-in basis. Note: This is NOT a condition of employment
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
Work Site Environment
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Combination of sitting, standing, walking
Work Location Information
- Work in employer’s/client’s home
- Staff accommodation available
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Client focus
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Students, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth.
This job advert will be valid until the 19th of March 2021
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.